⁃ 1 vegan egg (2 tbs of Follow Your Heart powder with 1/2 cup ice water, whisked)
⁃ 2 1/2 tablespoons ice water
⁃ 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
⁃ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
⁃ 10 tablespoons vegan butter (I used Miyoko’s Oat Milk Butter)
– 1 Yellow Onion, chopped into cubes
– 3 VeganEggs (6 level Tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg whisked with 1 1/2 cups ice cold water)
– 1 cup homemade cashew cheese (cashews blended with nutritional yeast, veggie bouillon, veggie broth, garlic, and hot water)
– 1 tbsp vegan butter
– pinch red pepper flakes
– 1 tsp pepper
– 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 cup of Hashbrowns (I used dehydrated shredded potatoes, salted to taste)
– 1 10 oz package fresh spinach
– Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
• Optional: vegan meat of your choice or vegan bac’n bits. (I personally used sautéed Chorizo bits from Nutcase Vegan Meats.) Top quiche with additional cheese if you like.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Whisk salt and flour
Add vegan egg
Knead until dough consistency.
Roll out on floured cutting board until it is the size of your pie pan.
Work dough into pie pan, pinching the ends to form a crust around the edge.
Finish with fork impressions on edge.
Freeze for 25 minutes.
Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
If crust bubbles up, pierce with fork.
Sautée onions until soft. Add hashbrowns with vegan butter until desired browning.
Pack the pan with spinach only allowing to remove excess water for one to two minutes tops.
Whisk vegan egg with additional water. Add garlic, onion, pepper, red pepper flakes, hashbrowns and spinach. Mix well.
Slightly stir in homemade vegan cheese and chorizo. I left clumps together and it turned out amazing.
Pour into crust.
Turn down oven to 325 degrees.
Cook for 55 minutes.
For tips on making your own homemade cashew cheese, check out the full video on how it’s made.